Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair product advice and recommendation

Options
  • 15-09-2020 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi there. I am looking for some recommendations for a hair product.
    I am male with short "tight" curly hair.

My hairdresser recommended a "wax based curling creme" But I can't seem to find any such products on the internet. It will be a while before I go back to my hairdresser so I am turning to the great boardsies for help!!

Ideally a product sold on boots online would be great (As I have a coupon lol!) But I am open to trying anything.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

why wax btw?
    Do you have oily hair? Do you have dry hair?

Wax makes oily hair worse ...on the other hand it really dries out dry hair. It gets all over your pillow too unless you wash it out before you sleep.

Bed Head by TIGI is an waxed based curling cream range. I am sure boots would have one or two products from the range.

I would use a curling gel...water based for oily hair ...cream based (but not wax) for dry. But if the wax works for you go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepintheback

why wax btw?
    Do you have oily hair? Do you have dry hair?

Wax makes oily hair worse ...on the other hand it really dries out dry hair. It gets all over your pillow too unless you wash it out before you sleep.

Bed Head by TIGI is an waxed based curling cream range. I am sure boots would have one or two products from the range.

I would use a curling gel...water based for oily hair ...cream based (but not wax) for dry. But if the wax works for you go for it :)

Hi there thanks for the reply and tips!
    I know NOTHING when it comes to my hair and hair products!

My hairdresser said a wax would better suit my hair as the curls are very tight and "tough". It's not oily.

But hey - I'll give it a go- and I'll know what disadvantages to look out for in a wax - and if it doesn't work out i'll revert to a creme based!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I am not a big fan of hair waxes because they give a greasy look to hairs and it is always tough to brush hairs after their use. It is also tough to wash hairs after their use. In my opinion, natural oils and organic remedies should be tried at first hand. I would suggest you to try a special shampoo for curly hairs and better to go with sulfate-free one. Secondly, you should try Elaeis Oleifera oil which minimizes the frizz and protects the hair from damage. I found a good option here https://www.batanaful.com/products/pure-batana-oil, and yes, it is pure Elaeis Oleifera, or you can call Batana oil. I really like its properties for curly hairs because it doesn't only define your curls but also keep them shiny and silky all day.

On the other hand, I would also recommend you to use a small comb with large spaces. You should also wash your hairs with cold water at the end either you are taking cold or hot water bath. Here https://www.wikihow.com/Style-Curly-Hair-(for-Men) is also a complete guide that you can consider to take better care of your curly hairs.

Advertisement