Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnecting Boiler

Options
  • 14-09-2020 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hello ,

Rookie mistake . I disconnected my boiler to relocate it and didn't mark the flow and return pipe.

Is there any quick way of determining which is which ?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

trepasers wrote: »
    Hello ,

Rookie mistake . I disconnected my boiler to relocate it and didn't mark the flow and return pipe.

Is there any quick way of determining which is which ?

Cheers
    Gotta pic?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

Wearb wrote: »
    Gotta pic?

I'm afraid there's not much to see as its just two white qualpex pipes coming from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Is it a oil or gas fired boiler and where is the circ pump located?

John.G wrote: »
    Is it a oil or gas fired boiler and where is the circ pump located?

Its an Oil Boiler . The Circ pump is in the house but the carpenter was kind enough to build a unit around it so I cant get to it .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Its an Oil Boiler . The Circ pump is in the house but the carpenter was kind enough to build a unit around it so I cant get to it .

Higher pipe out flow.
    Lower one in.

You really shouldn't be doing this with so little knowledge of it. There are safety considerations.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Higher pipe out flow.
    Lower one in.

You really shouldn't be doing this with so little knowledge of it. There are safety considerations.

Yes I'm ok with the flow and return of the boiler its just determining which pipe coming from the house is flow and return .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Higher pipe out flow.
    Lower one in.

Unless it’s a Grant Vortex.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

I would connect up the house pipes, fill the system and fire the boiler, if possible (zone valves) hot water cylinder circuit open only, if connected properly, the hotter water should be at the top coil entry pipe, if incorrect, the bottom pipe will get hot first. Shoud only require 5 minutes firing or so to get pipe hot.

John.G wrote: »
    I would connect up the house pipes, fill the system and fire the boiler, if possible (zone valves) hot water cylinder circuit open only, if connected properly, the hotter water should be at the top coil entry pipe, if incorrect, the bottom pipe will get hot first. Shoud only require 5 minutes firing or so to get pipe hot.

Mighty stuff . Thanks for your help ! I will try that .

Advertisement