Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking down homeowner

Options
  • 14-09-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey! Posting in the hope someone has had exposure to a similar situation and can advise.

There is an old abandoned house on my road which I know is owned but I wish to see if I can track down the homeowner and speak with them regarding the house however I only have the address and no other information. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, how were you able to track down the homeowner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

electoral roll or land registry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Buy the folio on landdirect.ie for €5 (instant delivery over email) and see if it can help point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conorh1ck

No use unless you know the homeowners name. Land registry cant give you information on homeowner due to GDPR and electoral register returns no details without a first and last name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Conorh1ck wrote: »
    No use unless you know the homeowners name. Land registry cant give you information on homeowner due to GDPR and electoral register returns no details without a first and last name

Did you buy the €5 land registry pdf?

The one for my house gives the names of current and past owner.

Works for me?? You are given a copy of the folio..

• Advertisement

Cheers for the help everyone. The land registry pdf should come in useful but may need a deeper dive :)

Local knowledge usually trumps all in this kind of thing, friendly with any older folk who have been in the area for a while?

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Local knowledge usually trumps all in this kind of thing, friendly with any older folk who have been in the area for a while?

Thats the approach I'm gonna go with haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

electoral register returns no details without a first and last name

That's online, the printed versions are normally in the local post office or Library.

Advertisement