Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen hot water tap- just dribbling out

Options
  • 13-09-2020 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, for the past month, the water out of the hot water kitchen tap has just being dribbling out. The cold water is fine. All the bathroom taps are fine too- both hot and cold coming out normally. It's a bungalow. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the kitchen hot water tap is just dribbling out, maybe I can fix it myself or do I need to call a plumber. Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hi, for the past month, the water out of the hot water kitchen tap has just being dribbling out. The cold water is fine. All the bathroom taps are fine too- both hot and cold coming out normally. It's a bungalow. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the kitchen hot water tap is just dribbling out, maybe I can fix it myself or do I need to call a plumber. Thanks for reading

Likely an airlock, there's a number of ways to fix it, most of the easy ways (cover the tap and run cold) don't work on modern mixer taps due to non-return valve, but essentially you need to run high water pressure (mains pressure is usually enough) through the pipe to clear it.

Advertisement