Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Monaco, second hand adjustment

  • 12-09-2020 6:46pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭ Bluefoam


    Hi all, my Monaco has been idle for a few weeks while I've been waiting to for a new strap.

    When I wound it again, the large timer/second hand doesn't sit at 12 any more, it is one to two seconds past that... Is there a way to get it to sit at 12?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭ Fitz II


    Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hi all, my Monaco has been idle for a few weeks while I've been waiting to for a new strap.

    When I wound it again, the large timer/second hand doesn't sit at 12 any more, it is one to two seconds past that... Is there a way to get it to sit at 12?

    You talking about the chrono hand on the 3 Oclock dial....you have reset it with the lower button, and ensured the watch is well wound, often things dont reset right at low sping energies.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭ Bluefoam


    It's the large hand on the main face... It's function is Chrono. The smaller dial on the right handles seconds. The large one sits at 12 and idle mostly...


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭ Fitz II


    Bluefoam wrote: »
    It's the large hand on the main face... It's function is Chrono. The smaller dial on the right handles seconds. The large one sits at 12 and idle mostly...

    Have you fully wound it and tried a reset after allowing the chrono to run for a few minutes prior.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭ Bluefoam


    Fitz II wrote: »
    Have you fully wound it and tried a reset after allowing the chrono to run for a few minutes prior.

    Yeh, I've tried that. Didn't have any effect. I'll keep trying


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭ Fitz II


    Try stopping the chrono dead on the 12 oclock when its running and then reset....I had a chrono do this before and took a bit of playing around to get the reset right.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement