Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiral staircase

Options
  • 12-09-2020 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a staircase off a company called fontanot? Im thinking of buying one online off this company. Comes in a kit form and works out at around 1k. I will try to put up some pictures would be interested in peoples views or perhaps guide me in the direction of another company who manufacture spiral staircases Tia, its for access to a nice attic btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Has anyone bought a staircase off a company called fontanot? Im thinking of buying one online off this company. Comes in a kit form and works out at around 1k. I will try to put up some pictures would be interested in peoples views or perhaps guide me in the direction of another company who manufacture spiral staircases Tia, its for access to a nice attic btw

Make sure you get one that goes up and down. Don't buy any cheap one-way Chinese ones. The brother in law got one of those and ended up living in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Can only post 1 pic at a time

Plan view

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is this for a domestic dwelling?
    CE approval, fire regs?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A friend of mine had a spiral staircase like that (dunno if it was that brand) installed between ground and first floor and IIRC it was only legal because there was a main staircase which provided means of escape.

• Advertisement

It will not be a living space. It is in an old country house which will not be sold in my lifetime. Theres a velux in the space with a means to access a terrace by ladder

Advertisement