Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awning for homes

Options
  • 12-09-2020 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,443 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am thinking of getting a retractable awning for the back of my house to extend our over the back door and over a decking area to make the area more usable in rain.
    Is anyone aware of a company that provides this type of system to residential in the Galway area?
    Am also looking to get a more permanent structure put in place at the side rod the house to shelter the path. Anyone know of anyone that does this?
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I can help you sourcing a company but I've been thinking about something for it myself. Google Spanish style pergola. You'll see some very basic pergolas with blinds that pull out & some even have different types of curtains to pull around the side to block the wind. It might give you a few ideas for your own home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭HBC08

Im currently looking for an awning also but just a very basic one to go over a bit of the garden.
    Wayfairer seems to have some at a reasonable price,i had a quick look at irish sites and as it always the way they are crazy expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Advertisement