Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifting toilet cistern lid disconnected flusher

Options
  • 11-09-2020 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Hoping to get some thoughts on this please.

I noticed my toilet stopped filling up (trying to flush does nothing) so I lifted the toilet cistern lid and it seems the lid is connected to the flusher so I've now disconnected the flusher and don't know how to reconnect it. :(

I will attach some photos so you can see what I mean.

I've never heard of a cistern lid like this before. Do you have any advice on how I can reconnect things?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Three images should be attached now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The top of the flusher button and it’s surround should be unscrewed before you take the lid off.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The top of the flusher button and it’s surround should be unscrewed before you take the lid off.

Thanks for the reply.

For the sake of clarity I'll call the thing hanging off the lid the "flusher" (not sure if that's the right term).

So if I unscrew the button from the flusher it's connected to, reconnect the flusher to the bottom of cistern, and then put the lid back on and try to reconnect it to the flusher, it should work?

OK, that worked.

The button isn't as tight as before but it's working again.

Thanks for the help colm_mcm.

Advertisement