Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler non conformance: flue location

Options
  • 11-09-2020 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have a Vokera Mynute 25A. When I had my house renovated the boiler was relocated. I had it serviced and something was said about the flue location but I clearly misunderstood what was said and took no action. I had it serviced again recently and received a notification of non conformance.

I'm not sure what the second last word is but I presume it's not too important.

"flue to close to wall, ? req"

https://i.imgur.com/Brjaf12.jpg

The flue is horizontal and about emits about 300mm away from a wall (with window) that runs parallel to the direction it emits. The property boundary is about 2m from the boiler flue.

How much clearance to a window is required? I looked at the boiler manual but it only seems to reference I.S. 813.

Should this be a relatively trivial/inexpensive thing for a plumber to correct?

| Z
    |Y
    |
    |
    | A X
    |

X = boiler flue
    Y = window
    Z = property boundary

X to A 0.3 meters
    Y to A 0.6 meters
    X to Z 2 meters