Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet has weak flush

Options
  • 11-09-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows what the solution to this problem is. The toilet downstairs has a weak flush in that the water level doesn't rise high enough to allow a proper flush. I have to remove the cover and press the red ball downwards for the water to fill up and enable it to be flushed. Would I need a plumber to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can anyone advise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

I had the same problem, and saw the plumber I called out for another thing fix it, there is a long bit of plastic at the top with a nut screwed on to it, if you either screw it to the left or right it let's more water in or less water, you can use trial and error really until it works again

I had the same problem, and saw the plumber I called out for another thing fix it, there is a long bit of plastic at the top with a nut screwed on to it, if you either screw it to the left or right it let's more water in or less water, you can use trial and error really until it works again

Was that any good for you? Did you know the nut I was talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

Was that any good for you? Did you know the nut I was talking about?

Hi PinkFloyd,

Yes that worked. It raised the water level. The problem now is the handle is very weak in that when I press it down it's very loose like for some reason.

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi PinkFloyd,

Yes that worked. It raised the water level. The problem now is the handle is very weak in that when I press it down it's very loose like for some reason.

I think there is a plastic looking nut that can be tightened for the handle or you can also move the hook thing tighter too if it is loose

• Advertisement
Advertisement