Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden shed to home officer

Options
  • 11-09-2020 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have two large garden sheds. I put a new roof on one and painted interior etc and currently using as a home office. Worked perfect but it was a temp job which is now suddenly a more permanent. I have got a new PVC door installed, put single pane glass in. Really I am wondering what would next step be to make it comfortable in the winter without spending huge money?

I have bought stick up wallpaper so plan to put that on walls but should I insulate first and with what?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

Start from the out side in, roof door window and then rewire (if needed) then insulat. Now you can either slap and plaster or use ply wood. I have a heater witch I got from sheds direct great heat in my work shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

keithdub wrote: »
    Start from the out side in, roof door window and then rewire (if needed) then insulat. Now you can either slap and plaster or use ply wood. I have a heater witch I got from sheds direct great heat in my work shop.

Have roof done, windows put in and a PVC door so sealed(ish) from exterior. Walls are good.

Someone mentioned insulated plasterboard but costly. When you say ply is this with insulation?

No but you could use battons on the walls and insulat in-between them then use plaster board or plywood

No but you could use battons on the walls and insulat in-between them then use plaster board or plywood

Advertisement