Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company asking us to write Glassdoor review

Options
  • 09-09-2020 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So is a company allowed to ask its staff to write reviews online of the company, and then send it on when done so they know who wrote what?
    There's an implication here that you must write a positive review, otherwise you'll have to explain yourself to HR. For small complaints it could be argued that you can approach HR in person, rather than complain on a review, but what if your true opinion is very negative about the person who will be reviewing your review?
    Sites like Glassdoor are meant to be anonymous. Removing the anonymity forces people to write falsely positive reviews. It doesn't sit right with me.

I think it's wrong and don't like it. But is the reality here that the only choice is to write the review or leave the company if I don't like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Danni21

They have no rights to ask you to do that. It's almost bullying you into either writing a positive review or meeting with HR to express your complaints with. The ironic thing here is if management were forcing you to do this, you would be going to HR to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Submit 2 reviews, one exactly as they want it and a 2nd anonymous review detailing what it's really like there and how the company forced staff to submit positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The company can ask but you have no obligation to actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

You can also let Glassdoor know about this as well in confidence, and they'll remove the fake reviews. Your company should not ask for a copy of your review at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

So is a company allowed to ask its staff to write reviews online of the company, and then send it on when done so they know who wrote what?
    There's an implication here that you must write a positive review, otherwise you'll have to explain yourself to HR. For small complaints it could be argued that you can approach HR in person, rather than complain on a review, but what if your true opinion is very negative about the person who will be reviewing your review?
    Sites like Glassdoor are meant to be anonymous. Removing the anonymity forces people to write falsely positive reviews. It doesn't sit right with me.

I think it's wrong and don't like it. But is the reality here that the only choice is to write the review or leave the company if I don't like it?

No.... You write a glowing review about how wonderful the Company is and send it to your Manager.

That evening you write the real and actual review under an assumed name and make sure you let the World know that your Employers are Morons with no morals and the Company is as dodgy as hell and doomed to failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mango Joe wrote: »
    No.... You write a glowing review about how wonderful the Company is and send it to your Manager.

That evening you write the real and actual review under an assumed name and make sure you let the World know that your Employers are Morons with no morals and the Company is as dodgy as hell and doomed to failure.

BAD IDEA, what if the OP's bad review was the only one submitted that day, won't take Sherlock Homes to figure out who posted the bad review

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I remember talking to a HR guy from another company during a conversation on moving.

He said Glassdoor charge companies €10,000 to remove reviews.
    It's like corporate extortion.
    So LinkedIn aren't the impartial people you think they are.

But certainly, a company should not force employees to make reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Actually just noticed I said LinkedIn when I meant Glassdoor, unable to edit that above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Actually just noticed I said LinkedIn when I meant Glassdoor, unable to edit that above.

I can remove it for you for £10,000...:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Send glassdoor a complaint use disposable email and don't use work computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I remember talking to a HR guy from another company during a conversation on moving.

He said Glassdoor charge companies €10,000 to remove reviews.
    It's like corporate extortion.
    So LinkedIn aren't the impartial people you think they are.

But certainly, a company should not force employees to make reviews.
    Glassdoor definitely do not charge companies to remove reviews.

Advertisement