Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clickandgo

• 09-09-2020 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Click and Go are not refunding their customers for covid holiday cancellations, they offering credit notes, I believe this is an outrage and customers should get back the cost of their holiday in full in cash with out delay.
    I am in this situation with Click and Go and will keep everybody informed of my progress in seeking an immediate cash refund.
    Anyone else want to comment about Click and Go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

What do their terms and conditions state regarding refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It's an outrage ted, an absolute outrage :D:D

I hope we are all kept informed - this is the most devastating thing ever to happen.

OP - may less of the hysterics and ask for opinion/advice, this is not the Daily Muck or Joe "whinebag" duffy

BTW It States very clearly "if the flight operates there is no entitlement to a refund." If you are not going because the destination is not on the green list, then that is your CHOICE. And no refund is due. Sucks, but that's ho it is. I cancelled a trip to Poland even though the flight was operating and I took the loss because I COULD travel but I chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Daqu1234 wrote: »
    Anyone else want to comment about Click and Go.

In fairness, the Click part worked fine. It's the Go bit you had problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

antix80 wrote: »
    In fairness, the Click part worked fine. It's the Go bit you had problems with.

Quick someone buy the clickandstay.ie domain name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Seeking an immediate cash refund is a little pointless and quite misinformed.

Irish tour operators and travel gents have been granted the right to issue a government backed credit note for any cancelled trips.

The note can be redeemed for it's cash value 9 months after the date of cancellation. In the interim it can be applied to any further trips booked with that operator.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/1ae3d-refund-credit-note/#:~:text=The%20Government%20has%20introduced%20a,to%20Covid-19%20travel%20restrictions.

There is a caveat that the credit note must be "voluntarily accepted" but I have yet to see a successful refund granted in place of the government backed credit note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OP - you do seem easily outraged.

Can you tell us if your trip was cancelled or you chose not to go?

Why does the voucher to go at another time not seem a fair solution, in a situation where click and go, and your good defl have done nothing wrong, but events have conspired to make going away at this time unwise?

you do understand that we would lose many jobs if the travel industry had to offer cash refunds, to people who choose not to go away? There is a balance between your consumer rights, and the greater good. i think a voucher trys to strike that balance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't cross post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement