Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing door handles.

Options
  • 08-09-2020 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

We currently have gold basta internal door handles and we want to change to silver. Do I have to stick with the basta brand? I would rather not have to change the locking mechanism, is this possible. Current doors are 45mm thick if that helps. What are the important specs to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sorry mods wrong forum. Can this be moved to DIY?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The holes are usually semi-standard; at least between the keyhole (if used) and handle. There may be different screwhole positions and also if the new handle is not the same shape it may leave unpainted/unvarnished/whatever material on show.

Basta went under a few years ago and I don't know if the new owners are doing the same stuff; although I can see the handles I bought in 2012 are still on the new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

L1011 wrote: »
    The holes are usually semi-standard; at least between the keyhole (if used) and handle. There may be different screwhole positions and also if the new handle is not the same shape it may leave unpainted/unvarnished/whatever material on show.

Basta went under a few years ago and I don't know if the new owners are doing the same stuff; although I can see the handles I bought in 2012 are still on the new site.

Locking is not an issue. And I can clean up paint marks etc. Door getting painted anyway. Thank you

Advertisement