Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid questions

• 08-09-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - looking to get married in a registry office in Q1 '21 - just wanted to know, re booking the appointment to meet with the HSE, do I need a solemniser for a registry office appointment? I'd have assumed that you just get whoever is scheduled in for the day for your ceremony?

sorry for the dumb question - totally green in this regard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Howdy!

When we went for our use appointment we didn't have a celebrant chosen at that point. Don't think it mattered. We went the humanist road. Good luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Howdy!

When we went for our use appointment we didn't have a celebrant chosen at that point. Don't think it mattered. We went the humanist road. Good luck with it all!

super, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

They’ll just assign someone to you!

jlm29 wrote: »
    They’ll just assign someone to you!

perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lisabiscuit

https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/how-to-get-married-in-ireland/marriage-notification-appointment-checklist.html

I just went back to check cos after I posted I started to doubt myself! Found this, might be useful to you. It says here that you have to supply them with the name of who is marrying you and place ye'll be doing it. But as the above poster says they may just assign someone to you.
    Best of luck...again! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,808 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cjmcork wrote: »
    Hi folks - looking to get married in a registry office in Q1 '21 - just wanted to know, re booking the appointment to meet with the HSE, do I need a solemniser for a registry office appointment? I'd have assumed that you just get whoever is scheduled in for the day for your ceremony?

sorry for the dumb question - totally green in this regard.
    Looks like your questions has been answered but just wanted to wish you all the best.

I found it all straightforward and when you go in to pick a date etc they will explain it all to you.

I am not sure if you are in Dublin but we had our wee ceremony in the registry office on grand canal street and the staff were great. We had a lady called Hamill and she was incredibly nice.

fab - thanks for the guidance folks - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

We had a registry office wedding in 2016. Whichever registrar is on that day will marry you. Some of the smaller offices probably only have one registrar.

The person we met at our 3 months notice meeting was the person who then married us. She was lovely and helpful, and answered all our questions at that appointment. This was in the Bray office.

Advertisement