Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Temp sensor - no connector.

Options
  • 08-09-2020 11:23am

Hope someone can advise.

I've received the correct Temp sensor, but it came without the connection.

What tools would I require to get the connector attached? Can I use the one currently being used or do they break trying to take the wires out. Any youtube videos?

Pain in the hoop it came without the connector, because it doesn't seem too obvious as to how I'd fit it. And I've no tools that seem useable.

We've already been waiting for a while and I promised herself I'd fix it, and there's a risk of pressure to replace than go any longer without it. I'd rather buy the tools than buy a new cooker (if only to avoid not feeling useless!)

Comments

Update... Ransomspares.co.uk have recommended block terminal. Think that might be easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The cable looks like teflon, for high temperatures so i would be careful fitting a regular block connector. You can get ceramic block connectors from lots of places which would probably be a better option.

You could also problably slide out the terminals from the connector, open up each one and re-crimp them onto the new wires. Also check there isn't a polarity (+/-) associated with the sensor, if its a thermocouple there probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

are you repairing an existing failed sensor ?

If yes take the connector off that, solder together and heat shrink wrap.

Advertisement