Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel sheds

Options
  • 08-09-2020 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm looking into getting a steel shed. I'd like bigger then the 25sqm that would be exempt from planning. I see lots of big ones around the place. Is everyone really going through planning before getting these? Also it would be in a rather exposed windy location and I'm worrying about how well it would hold up. Any advice/experience appreacated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FortunaMan wrote: »
    I'm looking into getting a steel shed. I'd like bigger then the 25sqm that would be exempt from planning. I see lots of big ones around the place. Is everyone really going through planning before getting these? Also it would be in a rather exposed windy location and I'm worrying about how well it would hold up. Any advice/experience appreacated.

Decide the size of shed you want.
    Get prices for the full erection of steel sheds including base etc compared to block built or timber frame.

Decide which construction route you want to take.

Now apply for planning as the finish has to be specified.
    Once planning is granted, construct.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FortunaMan

The house was built 2 years ago and has planning for a block built garage which would still be valid but I got a price of 25k to build. Just can't afford that. That's what led me down the road of steel sheds. Budget would prob be 7-8k.

Advertisement