Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Scoreline - New Site

Options
  • 07-09-2020 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi All

A work colleague of mine has run an internal PL score prediction competition for the past number of years using the standard spreadsheets that the majority of people use. This year he has gone a step further and built a website to take away all the manual admin effort involved and can be used by anyone.

To be clear, this is not a replacement for fantasy football, it is different in how it is played, it is simply a new addition to your portfolio of sporting addictions!

The site is 100% free to use. You can sign up and create private leagues for you and your friends/family or join a league that one of your friends created.

There is also a world ranking table, so not only will you see how well you are doing against friends/colleagues in private leagues but you can also see how you are doing compared to everyone using the site.

How to play?
    1. Go to www.fantasyscoreline.com and register (you’ll need to confirm your email address)
    2. Once registered you can create a private league for yourself and friends by clicking the “Create a League” icon on the homepage or click on the “Join a League” icon on homepage if you’ve been invited to join a league
    3. To input you predictions just go to the website’s menu and then “Predictions” à “Enter My Predictions”:
    - You can submit or update scores right up to the minute a match kicks off – so if you hear of a last minute injury to a team’s main striker in the pre-match warm up, don’t worry, you can change that 3-0 to 0-0 if you like)
    - All fixtures for 2020/2021 season are available on the site now, fixture dates and times are subject to change so most are down as 30th May 2021 until kick-offs are officially announced but you can submit as many as you like now and when the kick-off date/time changes your prediction will still be in place.
    - You can enter predictions every day, once a week, once a month or even put them all in now for the whole season
    4. Once a match finishes your points totals will be updated in your leagues (and hopefully you did well enough to climb your leagues)

How to Earn Points?
    0 Points - Prediction is completely wrong OR you made no prediction
    (e.g. if you predicted a Home win of 2-0 but the actual result was an Away win of 0-1)
    5 Points - Prediction is only correct based on result
    (e.g. if you predicted a Home win of 2-0 but the actual result was a Home win of 1-0)
    10 Points - Prediction was both correct in result and also the correct goal difference
    (e.g. if you predicted a Home win of 2-0 but the actual result was a Home win of 3-1 - i.e. correct result plus a 2 goal difference)
    15 Points - Prediction was exactly correct
    (e.g. if you predicted a Home win of 2-0 and the actual result was a Home win of 2-0)

Game Stats
    Worried that you might not know enough about football to be able to predict scores accurately? Don’t be, there are stats for the past 28 years waiting to be accessed to help you make more informed decisions;

“Hmm, West Ham Vs Newcastle, I have no clue what way that match could go”
    Don’t worry, click the fixture and you’ll be brought to a comparison page of every meeting between the 2 teams since the Premier League began (football most definitely existed before 1992, but with different league structures and the like it made sense to use it as a cut off for historic data storage)

“Hmm, that’s all well and good, but how do I know if one of the teams is current on-form or off-form?”
    Don’t worry, click on one of the crests from the Team Comparison page and you’ll be brought to a Team Form page for the team you clicked

“That’s cool but I’ve no idea of their latest team news – are they missing any players?”
    Don’t worry, click the crest again and you will be brought directly to the club’s official website with all the latest news for that team

Conclusion
    As I said, this is only a new site that my work colleague built in his spare time so it isn’t perfect – he is working on enhancing it by adding new features, new screens, possibly developing an app version etc. But 1 step at a time – it’s simple, it works, it’s fun and it’s free for anyone to use so feel free to use the site and share with others who you think would use it.

Thanks!

Advertisement