Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to a ceramic hob after a week of use!

Options
  • 07-09-2020 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

So I’m renting a house from a friend for mates rates, but funnily enough when I moved I I noticed how pristine the ceramic hob was - not a scuff or scratch in sight on what looks like an oldish model

So a week later, I’m looking at the hob and it seems as if I’ve scratched it fairly well. Already resigned myself to buying him a new cooker whenever I move out.

The real issue I can’t get my head around is how I’ve scratched it so much after a week, while the guy before had it looking incredible after years of use. I generally wipe down the hob after cooking, but there’s something I’m obviously doing wrong. Hope that someone has an idea, because it’s driving me insane!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Did you slide a pot across the hob rather then lifting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Are you using a good ceramic hob cleaner and the scratch you can feel with your nail?
    Look at base of pots in use and has anything stuck to it causing it to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

Ideo wrote: »
    Did you slide a pot across the hob rather then lifting it?

Yeah that must have been what I’ve done. To be honest, I never knew they were so easily scratched.

Expensive lesson to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Should be considered normal wear and tear of a property.

Keep a tight eye on not letting it out of control.

If everything else is in order this shouldn’t be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

_Brian wrote: »
    Should be considered normal wear and tear of a property.

Keep a tight eye on not letting it out of control.

If everything else is in order this shouldn’t be an issue.

Yeah to be honest, if it was a standard let, I wouldn't be worried. Just that I know the landlord, it's more 'reputational' damage I'm worried about really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Could also be that the former tenant cooked nothing while there and lived on takeaways the lucky sod!

Advertisement