Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't like going to work anymore

Options
  • 07-09-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm in my current role 12 years and I'm starting to dislike my job . The department I work in is very disjointed and disorganized . There are so few of us on the team and the people on the opposite shift are new and keep making mistakes that create work for us. I also feel my manager has it in for me , I feel they gives preferable treatment to certain people not least a person whom they was friends with outside of work whom they hired. I was out with a serious medical issue for almost 2 months which required hospitalization and not once did I receive a text from them to see how I was while I was out. Even when I went back to work they didn't say anything to me . The first and only communication I got from my Manager upon my return was an email to get something done. Finally I am a good bit older than the current crop of people working in the department . I feel like there is a bit of ageism going on . I'm not sure what to do. Leave is probably the logical conclusion and I do feel I am being pushed out in a very subtle way but its a secure job with a very good salary . I've been there now long enough to see the formation of a good few cliques throughout the years and I'm definitely surrounded by another one now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

The obvious answer is to spruce up your CV and Linked In profile and look for a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Clazbeag

It's a secure job with a good salary you say. We're in a recession and it's an uncertain one. These 2 things will be worth their weight in gold I think (I would love them!!!)

Hold tough, don't make any snap decisions and just test the market at the moment for your skillset with recruiters- you might be surprised at lack of roles/ pay cuts needed that will make your decision for you, even if just in the short term or for the next year or so.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    ILeave is probably the logical conclusion and I do feel I am being pushed out in a very subtle way but its a secure job with a very good salary
    Unfortunately, in the current climate you'll need to hold tight in the secure job.

Would advise taking up some external hobbies that you can look forward to after you finish for the day. From what you've said, do you think you'll get a good reference when you leave?

Advertisement