Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do i report to

Options
  • 07-09-2020 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

A fence was erected on a wall out the front of our Semi Detached house its over 8ft high now at its highest spot

Who do i report this matter too , or do the local Authority get involved first ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So someone erected a fence on wall of the house you own?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

torrevieja wrote: »
    A fence was erected on a wall out the front of our Semi Detached house its over 8ft high now at its highest spot

Who do i report this matter too , or do the local Authority get involved first ?

thanks in advance

Planning enforcement section.

thanks in advance

Somebody put a fence on top of your wall? No need to report to anyone, bolt cutters or the like will do you fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭torrevieja

No there fence making the overall height over 8ft

No there fence making the overall height over 8ft

The bad news is that nobody has a right to light (strangely enough). But, other than that I'm not sure about the specifics of wall height on someone else's property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Someone has put a fence on top of a wall that is on their property, and presumably adjacent to yours to create a total 8ft barrier? Contact your planning office - go onto their website and find the place where you make a complaint. They have an obligation to follow through, your complaint need not be quoted.

An 8ft fence would require planning permission anywhere on their property - limit is 1.2m at the front and 2m at the rear or side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Thanks look see everything you say there is correct mate I'll be going on their website now cheers
    looksee wrote: »
    Someone has put a fence on top of a wall that is on their property, and presumably adjacent to yours to create a total 8ft barrier? Contact your planning office - go onto their website and find the place where you make a complaint. They have an obligation to follow through, your complaint need not be quoted.

An 8ft fence would require planning permission anywhere on their property - limit is 1.2m at the front and 2m at the rear or side.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The bad news is that nobody has a right to light (strangely enough). But, other than that I'm not sure about the specifics of wall height on someone else's property.

Nothing to do with light.
    You need planning for any wall or boundary structure over 1.2m to the front of your dwelling.
    You send the complaint to the Planning Enforcement Section as per my original post.

Advertisement