Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused About Electrician Sign Off on House Purchase

Options
  • 06-09-2020 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Moved to Electrical

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

This might be be better asked in the electrical forum.

I 'think' one socket taken off a spur is OK, but a new isolator and light fittings etc requires sign off.

If the electrician seems the wiring set up to be in need of upgrade, then I certainly wouldn't expect them to sign off on work they are not happy to stand over.

First point of call would be to actually get an electrician to look at what exists and what you want to do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    .... Surveyor has stress tested all the electrics and found no issues.

Can you please expand on this: this is a new one on me, a surveyor, registered with SCSI, stress testing wiring.

Why the isolation switches?
    I know the regs have them for current wiring but if they may not be possible to fit without going back to the board and thats an issue.
    Are the wires red and black?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

Can you please expand on this: this is a new one on me, a surveyor, registered with SCSI, stress testing wiring.

Why the isolation switchesI one the regs have them for current wiring but if they may not be possible to fit without going back to the board and thats an issue

Yeah, I would like to know what the surveyor actually done also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Yeah, I would like to know what the surveyor actually done also

Maybe he pulled a few wires:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement