Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G Mobile Broadband & Live TV

Options
  • 06-09-2020 6:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We have just moved to our new house and broadband lines are not laid yet so there is no wired Internet or TV service available in our estate.

We are using mobile 4G broadband which is going ok so far. But we are definitely missing the live channels. Is there any way to get live channels?

We already have Netflix, Prime & Disney+

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hi all,

We have just moved to our new house and broadband lines are not laid yet so there is no wired Internet or TV service available in our estate.

We are using mobile 4G broadband which is going ok so far. But we are definitely missing the live channels. Is there any way to get live channels?

We already have Netflix, Prime & Disney+

Thanks so much

Plug an aerial into your TV and you should pick up Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you.

I did explore this as an option and our smart TV is compatible with Saorview. But I understand only 5-6 channels will be available.

Is there a way to get all the available channels?
    Doodah7 wrote: »
    Plug an aerial into your TV and you should pick up Saorview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Do you mean retuning to get more free to air stuff, or do you only have a non-satellite set up?

I am new into this free channels and not sure what's available there.

We don't have a satellite or aerial.

Do you recommend looking for a satellite? Will this give more channels?

Issue is our new built house doesn't have broadband lines laid and it may take months. That's why looking for alternative options to get TV channels.

Any help will be much appreciated!
    Do you mean retuning to get more free to air stuff, or do you only have a non-satellite set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

NowTV will give you live channels through your broadband...
    https://www.nowtv.com/ie

• Advertisement

Thank you.

I see they have different passes which is great. I have latest amazon 4k firestick, I will try to install nowtv on it.
    NowTV will give you live channels through your broadband...
    https://www.nowtv.com/ie

Advertisement