Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying half my wages in tax.

Options
  • 05-09-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

So I seem to be paying half my wages in tax , last week and the week before I worked 2 days and got paid 181 euro , I then paid 95 euro between income tax and USC

, I was looking at my tax credit cert and it seems I have no tax credits at all in my new job. I tried to ring revenue yesterday but gave up after 35 minutes on hold. I am due to be paid more next week and terrified I will lose it all again Has anybody idea what might be going on before I try revenue again on Monday ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Dognapper wrote: »
    So I seem to be paying half my wages in tax , last week and the week before I worked 2 days and got paid 181 euro , I then paid 95 euro between income tax and USC

, I was looking at my tax credit cert and it seems I have no tax credits at all in my new job. I tried to ring revenue yesterday but gave up after 35 minutes on hold. I am due to be paid more next week and terrified I will lose it all again Has anybody idea what might be going on before I try revenue again on Monday ?

Sounds like your on emergency tax. You need to give your employer a p60. Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Sounds like your on emergency tax. You need to give your employer a p60. Maybe?

Where p60s and that not done away with when it all went online that was my understanding anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stop phoning, you can do everything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Where p60s and that not done away with when it all went online that was my understanding anyway ?

When i last changed jobs i updated it on the ros website. Not sure whats going on but i find revenue really easy to deal with. Hope you get sorted :)

ED E wrote: »
    Stop phoning, you can do everything online.

I am trying to sort it online , but due to the fact that I’m not very clever I can’t seem to find how to sort it , can you point me in the right direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭893bet

Are you registered with a “my account” on the revenue?

https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e1s1

893bet wrote: »
    Are you registered with a “my account” on the revenue?

https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e1s1

Yes , I can see my tax credits but it says on my job that I have none for that job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yes , I can see my tax credits but it says on my job that I have none for that job

Just transfer them to the new job.

If you are finished in the old job, tell them to end your employment with them.

If you are working in two places, simply split the credits.

The good news is that you you will get the overpaid tax back immediately.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Just transfer them to the new job.

If you are finished in the old job, tell them to end your employment with them.

If you are working in two places, simply split the credits.

The good news is that you you will get the overpaid tax back immediately.

I ceased my employment with my old job myself , do I need to get on to them to do something extra ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Get your new employers tax number. Go onto my credits (I think it's called) and transfer all your credits to that employer. If you're single person and no other credits it should be 63.49 a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I ceased my employment with my old job myself , do I need to get on to them to do something extra ?

Yes. They need to cease you on their system. Takes a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

If you have moved jobs then old employer should have ceased you. Check that this has happened.
    Once old job is ceased new employer can apply for RPN ( Revenue Payroll Notification) and your credits should transfer to new employer.

P60s are irrelevant they are history.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Yes. They need to cease you on their system. Takes a few seconds.

Oh ok , I’ll give them a ring so

Advertisement