Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I keep having to replace tap washer

Options
  • 05-09-2020 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Like the title says i keep having to replace the tap washer in kitchen. It will last about 4 months then due to dripping i will have to change again. The water is high pressure and seems to be a lot of lime in it if that makes a difference. Anyone any idea why the washer keeps going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Like the title says i keep having to replace the tap washer in kitchen. It will last about 4 months then due to dripping i will have to change again. The water is high pressure and seems to be a lot of lime in it if that makes a difference. Anyone any idea why the washer keeps going?

Change the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

brilliant!!
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Change the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

duffysfarm wrote: »
    brilliant!!

It’s true.
    The sealing surface is likely damaged and destroying the washers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

bite the bullet

spend the cash tap is ballcocked sealing surface as already stated above

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I’ve a similar problem - not a high pressure tap but very high lime content. Two times ago I replaced the whole unit both upstairs and downstairs (kitchen sink) but its cheaper just to replace the 10 cent washer! Same with flusher washer in toilet - again - far cheaper than replacing the whole unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Me thinks its time for a water treatment install,washing machine,dish washer,kettle,immersion,will also give shorter life.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Marlay wrote: »

Pointless on a mains tap

Advertisement