Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door closure for outward opening exterior door

Options
  • 05-09-2020 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently installed a rehau upvc exterior door. The door opens outwards, when the wind is blowing it swings out too quickly and I'm worried that in time it will damage the door.

I'm looking to get a door closure for it, which will hopefully stop it swinging out so quickly. 

I was looking at the dormakaba door closures, but I can't find one that supports an outward opening door. Has anyone installed a door closure on an outward opening door ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Usually you turn the mechanism upside down, to work on an outward opening door, the main body being mounted on the frame, rather than on the door, as is the case with an inwards opening door

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

how about fitting a door restraint

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement