Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what companies deliver laptops to ireland

Options
  • 05-09-2020 5:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

looking for laptop from Europe what company deliver to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    looking for laptop from Europe what company deliver to Ireland

I suppose Dell is an obvious option;
    There website offers the option of an international keyboard rather than a uk keyboard type if that's your reason for purchasing outside of Ireland I thought it worth mentioning.

Personally i've recently saved €100.88 on purchasing a Dell Inspiron 5593 15.6" Laptop from Dell rather then my local Currys for the identical specification,
    Here are some links to show
    Currys:
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-5593-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-512-gb-ssd-silver-10199737-pdt.html?istCompanyId=fbc6ef6d-ab18-45e3-927a-0cb677794424&istFeedId=c7de3460-715e-428c-a2e5-5714df651714&istItemId=iitmqaiam&istBid=t

Dell:
    https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-15-5593-laptop/cn59324

Plus I got 12 months accidental damage cover for €25 from Dell compared to an additional cost of €170 at Currys for there cover which is 24 months.

Creating a further saving of €145 on the insurance
    Total savings €245.88 by purchasing from Dell instead of Currys

It took three weeks to arrive from Dell where with Currys would have it home the same day or delivery within five days; that's the only difference aside from the cost,

It seems Dell laptops are manufactured in there china plant where desktop's are built in Poland each purchase is built to order which takes a little time.

Laptopsdirect is another supplier from the UK; some people have had bad experiences however I've purchased various items from them across nine years for different people and never had any problem,

There sometimes cheaper than Dell for official Dell branded accessories,
    I've purchased a Dell P2415Q monitor and Dell AC511M sound bar which clips under the said monitor both were €145.67 cheaper from laptopsdirect compared to purchasing from Dell directly.

Amazon UK might have some good deals too if you forget about the whole Brexit thing technically there still in Europe until January.

Advertisement