Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC student wants to thank teachers

Options
  • 04-09-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

LC student wants to thank teachers, principal and school for all the work and time they invested in them.
    What’s a nice way to do this?
    Obvious one is to send a card to principal but do the teachers actually ever get to see it?
    Any Ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Hangup wrote: »
    LC student wants to thank teachers, principal and school for all the work and time they invested in them.
    Obvious one is to send a card to principal but do the teachers actually ever get to see it?
    Any Ideas please.

send the card to "The Teachers in the Staff Room"

Although with covid, they might be split between a few different staff rooms now.
    I'm back over a week now and still haven't talked to most of my colleagues as they're in the other staff room which we're encouraged not to go near.

Nice thought though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

With Covid it might be nice to do individual cards. Put them all in one envelope and the secretary will pass them out I’m sure. I know with Covid I have no workspace near the staffroom and won’t often be in there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

This is a great idea, fair play to them for thinking of this, I'd imagine teaching is a thankless job at times, we need more people like this in the world, I wish this student the very best for the future, and their parents should be very proud of them

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

You could send an email to the principal, and ask the them to forward it on to the staff, which they would do. Id imagine they would love to pass something thoughtful and positive onto the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

ulsen wrote: »
    You could send an email to the principal, and ask the them to forward it on to the staff, which they would do. Id imagine they would love to pass something thoughtful and positive onto the staff.
    Or send an email to individual teachers, if they have school email addresses that were available to students. I would say that if you went down that route, don't leave one or two out, or you'll just create ill-feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Hangup wrote: »
    Any Ideas please.

In my school yes, the cards that arrive get left in the staff room. It’s always nice to get a card !!

Advertisement