Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach tube

Options
  • 04-09-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭

Have a calf that I can’t get the tube down. Anybody else have any experience of this?
    Calf is shook enough but he has the right to die with a full belly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

Had a calf like that, I couldn't get the tube down so got the vet out. He laughed at my incompetence before trying and failing to tube it also. After he gave up and fcked off he told me to put my fingers in its mouth and pour some milk down which from memory must have worked as I got him going after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

thefareast wrote: »
    Had a calf like that, I couldn't get the tube down so got the vet out. He laughed at my incompetence before trying and failing to tube it also. After he gave up and fcked off he told me to put my fingers in its mouth and pour some milk down which from memory must have worked as I got him going after.

How much did the Vet charge for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How much did the Vet charge for that?
    I wasn't too impressed at the time and honestly can't remember if I was charged or not, it was a fair few years ago. In fairness to the vet there are times I couldn't get off work when we've been TB testing or reading and he runs everything in and out of the crush himself along with his own work so I can't complain too much.

Advertisement