Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any Country in the World that if it just disappeared Tomorrow you be happy?

Options
  • 04-09-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Me I would not have a problem if Turkey just disappeared from the planet. It's a kip of a Country. Russia too can go. I would not miss it in the slightest. Another backwards country that also never produced anything good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

I wouldn't have a problem with North Korea and Iran being nuked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Tuvalu in the south pacific may literally disappear in the coming years if water levels rise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

AMKC wrote: »
    Me I would not have a problem if Turkey just disappeared from the planet. It's a kip of a Country.

While I don't care for their politics it is in my experience a very nice country with some very friendly people.

You would also be surprised how many goods are made in Turkey that you might not be aware of, from the complete lower end of the TV sector (generic brands made by Vestel), to a large amount of the worlds household appliances (Beko) up to high end chocolate (Godiva is owned by a Turkish company and produced there in large quantities).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Yugoslavia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Atlantis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Here's a question for you - which country has the largest boarder with France??
    Germany? Belgium? Switzerland? Wrong it's actually French Guiana (close to Brazil).

Yugoslavia

You'd have to add Zaire, Rhodesia and Burma to the list. Not to mention the USSR.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Germany? Belgium? Switzerland? Wrong it's actually French Guiana (close to Brazil).

No, you got that wrong.

The answer to the question "which country has the largest border with France?" is Brazil, BECAUSE French Guiana is part of France. France can't have its longest border with itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

The USA. The greediest country in the world and the country with the biggest division of wealth. Where the likes of Kim Kardassian and Kanye West are taken seriously. Trump at the helm is a reflection on what the country has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wouldn't have a problem with North Korea and Iran being nuked.

So the entire innocent populations would be destroyed because of bad regimes.

I don't get the anti-Iran sentiment either.

I know a couple of people who have been there and were very positive about it.

I wouldn't want any country to disappear but would like to see all monarchies, religious leaders, despots and dictators (elected or not) removed from power.

World would be a lot better if all societies were more equal. I don't mean communism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Haiti.
    Papa new guinea.

murpho999 wrote: »
    So the entire innocent populations would be destroyed because of bad regimes.

Collateral damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

GiftofGab wrote: »
    No, you got that wrong.

The answer to the question "which country has the largest border with France?" is Brazil, BECAUSE French Guiana is part of France. France can't have its longest border with itself!

Either way - I'm not going to any table quiz where either of you pair are setting questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just hope that certain countries will change their ways and allow gay people and women to be free.

That said, Carthage must be destroyed "Carthago delenda est"

topper75 wrote: »
    Either way - I'm not going to any table quiz where either of you pair are setting questions :D

France also has a (sea) border with Canada. :D

Basically, if you opted to get rid of France, you'd leave little holes all around the world.

250px-France_in_the_World_%28%2BAntarctica_claims%29.svg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Cork_Guest

Yugoslavia

To be fair you got your wish, hadn’t existed for 17 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Collateral damage.

I assume you're on the wind up.

But you don't want countries to stop existing like USSR , East Germany or Yugoslavia which happens due to regime change.

You're looking for total annihilation and destruction of an entire land so that nothing existed any more.

That's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anywhere except the Marshall Islands. We love that place on here after the flag tournie.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I assume you're on the wind up.

But you don't want countries to stop existing like USSR , East Germany or Yugoslavia which happens due to regime change.

You're looking for total annihilation and destruction of an entire land so that nothing existed any more.

That's crazy.

Welcome to AH, where po-faced commentary is king.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

AKA blatant racism thread featuring sociopaths completely ignorant of world trade or economics with no regard for culture or non-white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not at the moment but I’d like the one that Gemma O Doherty seeks asylum in to disappear in a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Mod:

Banned

Nigeria. My spam folder would be much improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gondor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Nauru

It's full of sh*t.... literally

Main export is guano droppings. Full of potassium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Cork

thread is about countries , not capitals

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Haiti.
    Papa new guinea.

Papa?

Nicole??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Israel

This discussion has been closed.