Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric boiler a thing?

Options
  • 04-09-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Are electric boilers popular in Ireland?
    I like the idea of getting rid of the oil and gas is not available where I live.
    Would the water be hot instantly with the electric boiler?
    How much would one cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Are electric boilers popular in Ireland? I like the idea of getting rid of the oil and gas is not available where I live. Would the water be hot instantly with the electric boiler? How much would one cost?

It would be 100 percent efficient but much more expensive than oil or gas to run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Are electric boilers popular in Ireland?
    I like the idea of getting rid of the oil and gas is not available where I live.
    Would the water be hot instantly with the electric boiler?
    How much would one cost?

They are a thing for small installations. Instant no, and would tend to take longer to heat than equivalent oil or gas fired solution as you wouldn’t have the available power.
    You would really need to be using off peak electricity to make it financially viable vs oil/gas and that often wouldn’t be practical with a typical wet system.

Unless it is the likes of a holiday home, I would advise against it - the negatives outweigh the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Thanks guys how about a combi oil boiler?
    Does anyone have one?

Advertisement