Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

HDip in Data Analytics - Prospects?

• 04-09-2020 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭ onrail

I've been accepted to the Springboard HDip in data analytics with NCI (Springboard) and I've a couple of days to make up my mind and accept the offer.

I'm fairly numerate, but have novice coding knowledge, so I'd be starting from a relatively low base. My worry is that alongside a baby and a full time demanding job (which I'm hoping to exit!) that it would all be too much.

If it were a case where I had a clear goal in front of me, then it might make the effort and late nights that bit easier - so my query is, what are the prospects for someone finishing that qualification? I appreciate that following a career change, it would be an entry level position, but what demand and salary might I expect if I somehow complete the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beebe

onrail wrote: »
    I've been accepted to the Springboard HDip in data analytics with NCI (Springboard) and I've a couple of days to make up my mind and accept the offer.

I'm fairly numerate, but have novice coding knowledge, so I'd be starting from a relatively low base. My worry is that alongside a baby and a full time demanding job (which I'm hoping to exit!) that it would all be too much.

If it were a case where I had a clear goal in front of me, then it might make the effort and late nights that bit easier - so my query is, what are the prospects for someone finishing that qualification? I appreciate that following a career change, it would be an entry level position, but what demand and salary might I expect if I somehow complete the course?

Hi, I’m just wondering how you have been getting on with the course? Are you finding it good?
    I am considering applying for the part time course which starts later this month. I have been a SAHM for the last 3 years and hoping to make a change of career. Do you mind me asking what are most of the students backgrounds taking this course? My own background is in Science.

Advertisement