Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wardrobe recommendations

• 02-09-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

We moved into our "forever" home which was built in 1970s. We are slowly trying to put our stamp on it. In the master we want to pull out existing wardrobes and get someone to install good quality wardrobes. There are so many companies out there and I would appreciate if anyone has good positive experiences and recommendations
    thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hi guys

We moved into our "forever" home which was built in 1970s. We are slowly trying to put our stamp on it. In the master we want to pull out existing wardrobes and get someone to install good quality wardrobes. There are so many companies out there and I would appreciate if anyone has good positive experiences and recommendations
    thanks a mil
    Are you looking for something to match the build era of the house or something modern?

I've used IKEA PAX planner to design and build a wardrobe for my daughter's room cost €980 in total for everything, the basic shells were €250 and you can add items immediately or at a later date which is an advantage that other providers can't really offer; to build it up over time rather than all at once,
    Personally I purchased all at the same time and it has every extra possible,
    I've documented the process including all part numbers in this thread here:
    https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329

Fitted over a year now and it's still as solid as it was when first built; I honestly can't fault any of it, the lights however are a bit hard on batteries but ikea now stock mains powered units.

pohomz62j

pnSdoIdSj

pnu7q59Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

They look fab and a great price. Can I ask a question re the height. Floor to ceiling I need 240cm, ikea wardrobes seem to be 200cm unless I’m reading it wrong? Yours are full size so maybe you can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

They look fab and a great price. Can I ask a question re the height. Floor to ceiling I need 240cm, ikea wardrobes seem to be 200cm unless I’m reading it wrong? Yours are full size so maybe you can advise?

Thanks,
    The IKEA PAX wardrobe shell and doors are available in two different heights, the PAX units I purchased are 236cm high,
    The 4cm gap then left between wardrobe and ceiling then allows for the feet to be adjusted to make sure it's level with the floor,
    You can't see it with the doors closed,
    I have a full list of items used and some fitting tips in my thread here: I would post all information here but there's alot in it so I'll just share a link; please respond on this forum if required though:
    https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329&_rid=115852
    Also if you're planning to fit some lights like I have done; they operate on built in sensors to illuminate when they sense movement of the door,
    There were only battery operated units available when I purchased and they go through 4 x AA batteries per unit in around three months, cost a fortune to maintain in the long run as I don't use cheap batteries in anything;
    However there now available in a plug in version which I would highly recommend over the battery variant.

pnZqXuGrj

pmuDbiX7j

They also sell black or white caps for all of those unused holes there something like €1.75 for 100 caps and make a huge difference to the finished look inside the wardrobe.

pna7IwXCj

polC9wDcj

Advertisement