Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUE Hair Transplant

Options
  • 02-09-2020 11:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi There,

Does anyone have any recommendations on clinics for a FUE hair transplant in Ireland, max budget 5500e. Not interested in going abroad.

Will likely be a small enough just, losing a bit on the temples and would like it to be thicker on top.

Working from home until September 2021 so now seems like the perfect time to go for it. Also, how long does it typically take to see results?

Muchos gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Hi There,

Does anyone have any recommendations on clinics for a FUE hair transplant in Ireland, max budget 5500e. Not interested in going abroad.

Will likely be a small enough just, losing a bit on the temples and would like it to be thicker on top.

Working from home until September 2021 so now seems like the perfect time to go for it. Also, how long does it typically take to see results?

Muchos gracias

Hey, went to Ailesbury last week for FUE. Can't say if I'm happy with the results yet. seems sparse, but it's early days.
    Was very efficient and stress free I have to say. Paid around that. Similar thinking here, with working from home and not much social events til Christmas at least, seems like the ideal time. Now or never really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Hey, went to Ailesbury last week for FUE. Can't say if I'm happy with the results yet. seems sparse, but it's early days.
    Was very efficient and stress free I have to say. Paid around that. Similar thinking here, with working from home and not much social events til Christmas at least, seems like the ideal time. Now or never really.

Don't worry, it'll take around 6 months for you to see results and 10 months to see the full result.

Don't worry, it'll take around 6 months for you to see results and 10 months to see the full result.

Yes indeed.

Out of curiosity, how do you know if the follicles are securely anchored in the scalp? And are not going to fail or be rejected? I'm still somewhat paranoid. I did everything according to doctor's instructions post-op (except for having a drink or two the following day)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Yes indeed.

Out of curiosity, how do you know if the follicles are securely anchored in the scalp? And are not going to fail or be rejected? I'm still somewhat paranoid. I did everything according to doctor's instructions post-op (except for having a drink or two the following day)

As I recall, they're basically locked in after around a week post-op, so after then you won't have to worry about them falling.

From my own experience though (I had a HT five years ago), I definitely had more density four years ago but I'm still happy. Could be that additional existing grafts in the transplant area fell out naturally or perhaps some grafts were taken too high from donor area. Either way, what I'll say is that in 10 months you'll have the best result but it may be less dense a few years down the line, though not alarmingly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

Hey,

similar boat to OP but open to spend around 6k max but i don't think i'll need a big job.
    Was yours a big job? Are they free for consultation ? thanks

• Advertisement

Hey,

similar boat to OP but open to spend around 6k max but i don't think i'll need a big job.

Hey Hotdudelife (hahah),
    3500 hairs (they deal in hairs). All in the front, because the rest of my hair is thick enough strangely.

They charge 50 euro for consultation for some reason.
    But it's well worth going in to get information on what your future hairline will look like etc. I felt immediate relief to know I found a solution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

Hey Hotdudelife (hahah),
    3500 hairs (they deal in hairs). All in the front, because the rest of my hair is thick enough strangely.

They charge 50 euro for consultation for some reason.
    But it's well worth going in to get information on what your future hairline will look like etc. I felt immediate relief to know I found a solution!

Likewise, we must have the same HD genetics. I pretty much just need the temples nearly restored and a small bit on top.

Thanks for the reply, going to book a consultation with them and take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aaronelon3001

Hey Guys

Anyone out there got any info on MHR Clinic in Dublin. Im heading in for a HT on the 27th of Oct. Very poor online presence except for a few reviews one or two sites. Would like to speak to someone whom has actually had a procedure there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrelandABU

Hey,

I would highly recommend to speak to as many doctors as you can. Don’t just speak to one and go from there. Personally, I’m nearly 5-months post op, and I spoke with everyone locally from cost conscious right the way to HRBR to truly go with who I thought would be best.

I’m not promoting anyone, just advising that the few 100 euro for a number of consults is well worth it to feel confident and comfortable in your choice.

All the very best

Advertisement