Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Insulation - Security Cameras

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Daith wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm planning to get external insulation added to the house. A few people have mentioned I shouldn't be hanging things of the external insulation or it's a pain.

I was looking to get some security cameras (probably just two, front and back) installed (something like this for reference (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SANNCE-Outdoor-Surveillance-Weatherproof-Detection/dp/B01JUEYIQS?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_otopr_hd_bw_bFZ7pdX&pf_rd_r=J264WZCXA0P1DX46BVGA&pf_rd_p=bdf3d51e-2f49-5399-85cc-38db580520d5&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=14261031031)

Would there be an issue adding attaching these to an externally insulated wall? Would I be better getting these installed first and letting the insulation installer add them?

Others have mentioned adding them to the soffit which could work I guess, the cables will be going through attic

I installed mint on the facia board, this can be done on the front or underneath the sofit area. Dont hang them on the wall. 1- it does damage the wall and may eventually break the render 2 - They are higher up on the fascia board so cant be tampered with but also get a wider image.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

listermint wrote: »
    I installed mint on the facia board, this can be done on the front or underneath the sofit area. Dont hang them on the wall. 1- it does damage the wall and may eventually break the render 2 - They are higher up on the fascia board so cant be tampered with but also get a wider image.

Thanks. That's definitely an option.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

There is a whole hoist of things that’ll need to be planned with ewi.
    Cills,reveals,waves,soffits,plynths,

Downpipes, tv wires, external wall lights, etc

Typically grounds are installed for items before the insulation is installed.

Advertisement