Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Vs hive Vs other

Options
  • 31-08-2020 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

I have a 13 zone heatlink underfloor system which has 7 motorised zones controlled by room stats and 6 open zones (bathrooms/hall/kitchen). System is heated via a Vokera gas boiler.

There is no thermostat on the hot tank and the hot water gets heated only when one of the room stats calls for heat.

I'd like to get a motorised valve set up so that I could have hot water heated when required without needing to turn up room stats in the summer etc to get the boiler to come on. I'd also like to control via phone etc.

Current pipework is suitable for this.

What is the best thermostat option for this kind of system in terms of nest/hive?

Would I be best to leave the heating zones as they are or install 2 motorised valves, one for heating and one for water, or would one new one be enough?

Advertisement