Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy Advice

Options
  • 31-08-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

30 year old male here feeling more motivated than usual to engage with therapy for the first time. Looking for advice/resources for finding a good and appropriate therapist for my needs.

Help is sincerely appreciated.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I would suggest to find someone that has experience dealing with your issue. The only one Ive been to is city therapy on dame street myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

Hi there,

30 year old male here feeling more motivated than usual to engage with therapy for the first time. Looking for advice/resources for finding a good and appropriate therapist for my needs.

Help is sincerely appreciated.

Ta

Give us a whereabouts of your location and folks might be able to suggest ones they have used or heard about. As Gael said its important to find someone who has experience in your issues and remember that it may take a few visits to different therapists to find the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

statto25 wrote: »
    Give us a whereabouts of your location and folks might be able to suggest ones they have used or heard about. As Gael said its important to find someone who has experience in your issues and remember that it may take a few visits to different therapists to find the right one

Thanks for the replies so far, I’m based south of Dublin city centre. My budget is quite limited for trying this so hoping to narrow in on a decent therapist early on, though I know its wishful thinking.

Primarily hoping to tackle issues around loneliness and also being same sex attracted. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thanks for the replies so far, I’m based south of Dublin city centre. My budget is quite limited for trying this so hoping to narrow in on a decent therapist early on, though I know its wishful thinking.

Primarily hoping to tackle issues around loneliness and also being same sex attracted. Thank you!

For a fully qualified counsellor your. looking at €50 a session upwards. Mine is €70. You can get trainee therapists for less but i don't know specifics. I'm same sex attracted too and my therapist is a straight guy which at first put me off but we talk about everything and anything

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Most places will offer low cost counselling if you ask them. If you look at the IACP website you will be able to get a list of accredited counsellors and their areas of expertise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement