Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp duty

Options
  • 31-08-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering with stamp duty is there any way of claiming some back on a self build?

site transfered from parent to child has full planning total fees including stamp duty was €5200 thought it would of been alot less if im honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Belt

revoke12 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering with stamp duty is there any way of claiming some back on a self build?

site transfered from parent to child has full planning total fees including stamp duty was €5200 thought it would of been alot less if im honest.

Yes is the short answer. I've started this process myself so have been looking at it recently. Have a look at the link below:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/stamp-duty/claiming-a-stamp-duty-refund/residential-development-refund-scheme/index.aspx

Depending on the rate of stamp duty you paid, you are entitled to a refund between 2/3 and 11/15 of what you paid IF you start building within 30 months.

For the valuation of the site for stamp duty purposes, did you engage an auctioneer to provide a valuation? Of the €5,200, is some of that solicitors fees too or just the stamp duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Belt wrote: »

Yes is the short answer. I've started this process myself so have been looking at it recently. Have a look at the link below:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/stamp-duty/claiming-a-stamp-duty-refund/residential-development-refund-scheme/index.aspx

Depending on the rate of stamp duty you paid, you are entitled to a refund between 2/3 and 11/15 of what you paid IF you start building within 30 months.

For the valuation of the site for stamp duty purposes, did you engage an auctioneer to provide a valuation? Of the €5,200, is some of that solicitors fees too or just the stamp duty?

Sorry ment to say it included Solicitor fees also think it was about 3100 for the stamp duty itself, solictor fees was over a grand and then there was other charges. Do you know what rate you can claim back at?

Advertisement