Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new farm lane way

Options
  • 30-08-2020 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of doing a lane way through a few fields, I will be doing it with sleg,it is 325 meters long and will be 12 ft wide, I am just wondering how many loads it will take? I am talking 14 ton dump trailers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

morphy87 wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing a lane way through a few fields, I will be doing it with sleg,it is 325 meters long and will be 12 ft wide, I am just wondering how many loads it will take? I am talking 14 ton dump trailers,

Roughly 325 meters by 4 meters(12feet)by 100 mm (4 inches) comes to 130 cubic meters roughly 2 ton to cubic meter gives you 260 ton roughly a lot depends on the depth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭morphy87

Murang wrote: »
    Roughly 325 meters by 4 meters(12feet)by 100 mm (4 inches) comes to 130 cubic meters roughly 2 ton to cubic meter gives you 260 ton roughly a lot depends on the depth

So roughly you would divide 260 ton by 14 and that should give you the loads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Better value to put in 4" clean stone and slig on top the 4" will go further

dzer2 wrote: »
    Better value to put in 4" clean stone and slig on top the 4" will go further

Why would that be? How much is a load of 4 “ stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

200e approx for 20T delivered. It's about 7 euro a tonne collected.

• Advertisement

So roughly you would divide 260 ton by 14 and that should give you the loads?

Yes that’s roughly 18 loads but if you’re depth increases by 2 inches to 6 inches you would want 9 extra loads the most critical measurement is the depth

dh1985 wrote: »
    200e approx for 20T delivered. It's about 7 euro a tonne collected.

How many loads would you need?

Yes that’s roughly 18 loads but if you’re depth increases by 2 inches to 6 inches you would want 9 extra loads the most critical measurement is the depth

What depth would you recommend?

What depth would you recommend?

Impossible to say depends on what ground underneath is like also what are you using it for is it just cattle walking over it and light tractors or will you putting heavy machine silage trailers slurry tanks on it

Impossible to say depends on what ground underneath is like also what are you using it for is it just cattle walking over it and light tractors or will you putting heavy machine silage trailers slurry tanks on it

Good solid ground underneath, it will be mainly used for drawing slurry up in the winter so It can be spread down hill

• Advertisement

Good solid ground underneath, it will be mainly used for drawing slurry up in the winter so It can be spread down hill

At least 6 inches maybe 4 inch down first and blind it with 2 inch down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Roughly 200e per load you just get biggish stones that form a good foundation for the road. Especially if you are going to draw heavy loads over it dont skimp on cleaning the ground under it as this will be needed to get firm ground. Because you're not getting dust or smaller stones as.in 4 inch down you'd cover a lot of ground cheaply. Also it allows drainage as well. You can cover it with slig or 2" down and have a real road way.

Advertisement