Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krone disc mower

Options
  • 30-08-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Would a mf 5445 be heavy enough tractor to run a 8ft krone disc mower. Is there much weight on side with disc mower when transporting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

It should be I run one on a Zetor 7320. But dont have to travel.on the road. Can pull the front in to the meadow in wet ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭adne

dzer2 wrote: »
    It should be I run one on a Zetor 7320. But dont have to travel.on the road. Can pull the front in to the meadow in wet ground.

Are they a good mower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

adne wrote: »
    Would a mf 5445 be heavy enough tractor to run a 8ft krone disc mower. Is there much weight on side with disc mower when transporting
    Would have no problem. They are a super mower and good to cut clean. Clean cutting depends on sharp flails, mower set up correctly and suitable speed to crop conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,238 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Got one this year, happy with it. Use a Ford 7610, no problem with transport as it's tilted back in a bit. Wouldn't drive fast on the road with it.
    Got the set of two skids with it for €250. Worth it for topping or cutting red clover. Seller told me had never sold skids before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Have a center pivot 9ft on a mf 4245 all the time.
    No problem to it and some of the ground is a bit hilly.
    Have the loader on all the time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Are they a good mower

Unreal bought it 3 yrs ago never a problem clean cut never got the skids just lengthen the top link

Advertisement