Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for wheel servicing/truing

Options
  • 30-08-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good place/person to bring a couple of rear wheels to be serviced and properly trued?

Edit -didn't finish the title properly can't edit it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Bee cycles in Dolphins Barn, Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Penny farthing Camden st. They have done a few for me and they were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

bazermc wrote: »
    Bee cycles in Dolphins Barn, Dublin 8

Anyone know if they're open. I know they're closed Mondays but I swung by Tuesday during the week with a wheel and the place was all shuttered up. Rang and left a message but heard nothing back since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

humphries in finglas; they rebuilt a back wheel for me a few years ago for 30 quid.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're open. I know they're closed Mondays but I swung by Tuesday during the week with a wheel and the place was all shuttered up. Rang and left a message but heard nothing back since.

He could just be off for a few days. I live right beside it so I’ll check on Tuesday and Will post up here if I see it open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Can anyone recommend a good place/person to bring a couple of rear wheels to be serviced and properly trued?

Edit -didn't finish the title properly can't edit it...
    Perhaps give your location to make it easier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Humphries have done a few for me.

Cliff in Harry's gets a lot of recommendations , as does Darragh of Bee Cycles and lukasz (unsure of spelling) of Apex Cycles too.

Guy in the shop in blanchardstown village too whom I always forget the name of I believe is well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Weepsie wrote: »
    Humphries have done a few for me.

Cliff in Harry's gets a lot of recommendations , as does Darragh of Bee Cycles and lukasz (unsure of spelling) of Apex Cycles too.

Guy in the shop in blanchardstown village too whom I always forget the name of I believe is well recommended.
    Justin in Cyclezone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

humphries in finglas; they rebuilt a back wheel for me a few years ago for 30 quid.

Second that

cython wrote: »
    Justin in Cyclezone?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Perhaps give your location to make it easier.

Good point. I'm in Maynooth. I can't do anything until we are out out being locked down, but I'll bring them anywhere around the surrounding counties (within reason) to have them done properly

Good point. I'm in Maynooth. I can't do anything until we are out out being locked down, but I'll bring them anywhere around the surrounding counties (within reason) to have them done properly

Lukasz in Apex cycles is probably your best bet then. I think he's in Kildare and he does a collection and drop off service within reason

He could just be off for a few days. I live right beside it so I’ll check on Tuesday and Will post up here if I see it open.

Yo. Don't suppose you happened to swing by?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Yo. Don't suppose you happened to swing by?

Yes. Cycled by last evening. Open as normal.

Yes. Cycled by last evening. Open as normal.

Nice one. Cheers man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Thanks all - I got in touch with Lukasz in Apex Cycles because he is is in Co Kildare after which they promptly un-locked us. Anyway, dropped them off this morning. Totally sound guy and clearly knows his stuff, so I have no doubt it will be a top job.

Advertisement