Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Stove

Options
  • 30-08-2020 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭

We are thinking of getting a wood pellet stove to heat a large open plan room. It is a holiday home and room is about. the area is about 45 sq meters(500 sq feet) with 3 meter (10' ceilings). It will be a room heater only. A bag of pellets is 3.50 and even if it burns that in a day I am not too worried. I have been advised to over spec to 10-11KW. House is build mid noughties. Any I have looked at have an integrated hopper capable of holding 12-18kgs pellets

I have seen a number of different makes. Ravelli seem to be the most expensive. Stanley seem to have rebranded a a few makes. Kalor seem to be a mid priced brand I have also seen a brand Artel with laois stone which is very reasonable priced.

Ravelli 2.7-3K approx
    Stanley 2.5-2.8K
    Kalor 2K
    Artel 1.4K

any info is appreciated

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement