Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine installation

Options
  • 30-08-2020 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi!

I’m looking to move my washing machine from the kitchen to under the stairs. There is currently no plumbing under the stairs but there is a downstairs toilet behind the wall where I am planning on putting the washing machine. Does anyone know if it possible to put pipes through the wall and plumb it using the same plumbing as the toilet?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The water supply should be straight forward. How you run the waste would be the first question i would think of, if the waste from the toilet is directly into the ground it may not be feasible to put a connection on there.

On a simple level it is all possible , but how to get a neat finish is impossible to know without more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Problem will be that the toilet goes directly into the sewer. Normally waste pipes (sinks, showers baths ) go directly out and have a U installed to prevent smells, washing machines and dishwashers go directly out without a U bend as there is a strong flow from them and U bends get blocked. Ideally you need to install a plain sewer gully to access toilet sewer connection.

Really you need to install a waste directly to outside of house which means ripping floors unless washing machine has access to outside wall.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blu11

Thanks. The walls surrounding it are all internal so it sounds like a bigger issue than I had hoped. I’ll get someone come out and take a look. Hopefully it is so-able! Thanks for the advice

Advertisement