Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value combi gas boiler for a small 2 bed?

Options
  • 29-08-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some recommendations for the best energy efficiency and value for money on a combi gas boiler for a small 2 bedroom semi detached house?

I have read that modern combi boilers will heat the water just when a hot tap is run, which would be a great bonus!

Also, could you please let me know what would be reasonable to pay for installation to replace the old combi boiler which I think is 10/15 years old (family member's home).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I am looking for some recommendations for the best energy efficiency and value for money on a combi gas boiler for a small 2 bedroom semi detached house?

I have read that modern combi boilers will heat the water just when a hot tap is run, which would be a great bonus!

Also, could you please let me know what would be reasonable to pay for installation to replace the old combi boiler which I think is 10/15 years old (family member's home).

A modern or old combi always heated the water when a tap is run. Have you currently a combi boiler installed or not? If it’s a straight swap then it’d cost 2,200-2,600 roughly. If you are installing a combi in place of a standard heat only boiler then it’s a much bigger job usually

Advertisement