Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocked old shed and built new in different location - Planning

Options
  • 29-08-2020 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

So I knocked an old small coal shed and build another on the opposite side of the garden. Its only 6mx4m and falls under the planning exemption. My question is if there is anything I need to do to make this official. All the land registry docs and maps show the old shed.

Will there be an issue if I tried to sell house or anything I'm not aware of? Do I need to register this new shed officially?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you were selling tomorrow the buyers would require a cert of exemption fro planning and building regulations.

So I suppose you could get that cert now and has it stored away.

Nothing else for you to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Thanks. The 2 forms available are either for Section 5 or section 96 of planning act. Presume its section 5? Also, the form is worded for a planned development. Is there any issue if its build already, or should I word it to sound like its a proposed?

gutteruu wrote: »
    Thanks. The 2 forms available are either for Section 5 or section 96 of planning act. Presume its section 5? Also, the form is worded for a planned development. Is there any issue if its build already, or should I word it to sound like its a proposed?

Nope, you are looking at the wrong forms there. They relate to totally different things than what you re posting about.

You need to obtain these certs from a Private sector Architect, Engineer or Surveyor. You will need to pay them for this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Half the town and city has sheds built - never seen anyone running to get architect drawings for them nor surveyors reports.

Half the town and city has sheds built - never seen anyone running to get architect drawings for them nor surveyors reports.

Nor are they required if you read the post correctly.
    The Certificate is only required if the OP goes to sell the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Thanks. So is it just a letter from an engineer declaring its an exempted development under section X? If I do go to sell, is it just a case of the new owners signing off to accept the changes from original plans? My neighbours wall was moved from original plan so we had to sign to accept change before purchase would go through. Would this be similar?

Advertisement