Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody recommend a good ani dandruff shampoo?

Options
  • 29-08-2020 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve had dandruff the odd time over the years and the shampoo I found good for it a cheap one can’t be got anymore.
    Anybody have any recommendations for a shampoo for a guy with short hair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I use capasal, find it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I’ve had dandruff the odd time over the years and the shampoo I found good for it a cheap one can’t be got anymore.

I use T-gel once a week and Head and Shoulders the rest of the week. It seems to keep the dandruff at bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I find T-Gel pretty good but if it's really bad in the past I've used Nizoral. I get seborrheic dermatitis from time to time so my GP gave me a prescription for Stieprox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Anything with selsun in it try and get it with 2%
    You might have to buy at pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Tgel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

TGel for me. Nizoral is really expensive and not that useful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Only 1 thing works for me and that's the 130ml bottle of --

Selenium Sulfide
    Persistent Dandruff Shampoo

from Head & Shoulders

Nitzoral used to work for me when it was still prescription only, think it had the same active ingredient . . .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I used Head & Shoulders but I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be up to the job. I have some Nizoral but I've not used it in ages.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭bren2001

I suffer from a dry scalp and was told by a dermatologist not to use Head and Shoulders or anything designed for dandruff (may have been specific advice for me). I jump between Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Shampoo (cheap) and Kerastase (expensive). Both do the job but the Kerastase a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I used to suffer with some dry scalp too until I stopped taking hot showers, now I take fairly cold showers and that worked immediately for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks, I decided to give the T-gel a try and see how I get on.

Selsun or Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength will have Selium Sulphide active ingredient in them and will clear up dandruff and dermatitis very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

T-GEL - must be the COAL TAR version for me. Available (sometimes) in Boots and Tesco.

Advertisement