Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure washer connector help

Options
  • 29-08-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey all I bought a Ryobi 1500w pressure washer in Home base ex display but there was no gun or hose. I ordered a gun on Amazon and 2 hoses but unfortunately they don't fit. The gun has this connector as per Amazon "M14*1.5mm threaded hose fitting compatible with a large majority of branded & unbranded machine" and the machine has the same size thread as my outdoor tap 1/2. The first hose has this." Fits most pressure washers with dual 22mm-14 female twist connection" and the other one I have has a 3/4 bsp on one end. Please help this absolute DIY novice out. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most pumps usually have a threaded input that allows a Gardena style click on hose to be joined to the pump.
    Output varies by machine.
    Can you post some pics of the inlet and outlet threads on the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Were you told before purchase that there wasn't a gun and hose? TBH they are no use without them as each of those non professional brands seem to have non standard fittings on the high pressure side of the pump so that only a replacement for that specific model/brand will fit....and for those brands, replacement parts cost almost as much as a new power washer with everything included.

Universal sets might have adaptors but it's not guaranteed unless specifically mentioned in the spec of the replacement hose.

If the hose you bought is for a Karcher then you might be able to use it with the Ryboi if you can source an adaptor for the thread on the power washer but you'll need to determine what thread it is.

IMO you should go back to Homebase and see if they can help, it really isn't much use without the hose and gun and it would really need to have been a great bargain to justify searching for those missing items in other shops.

Post a link to the items you bought on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamonn4711

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Were you told before purchase that there wasn't a gun and hose? TBH they are no use without them as each of those non professional brands seem to have non standard fittings on the high pressure side of the pump so that only a replacement for that specific model/brand will fit....and for those brands, replacement parts cost almost as much as a new power washer with everything included.

Universal sets might have adaptors but it's not guaranteed unless specifically mentioned in the spec of the replacement hose.

If the hose you bought is for a Karcher then you might be able to use it with the Ryboi if you can source an adaptor for the thread on the power washer but you'll need to determine what thread it is.

IMO you should go back to Homebase and see if they can help, it really isn't much use without the hose and gun and it would really need to have been a great bargain to justify searching for those missing items in other shops.

Post a link to the items you bought on Amazon.

Tbh the guy in home base made it out like it would be dead easy to get the attachments and now I know it isn't. Attached are photos of the fittings on the machine. The gun and the 2 hoses I have

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Most pumps usually have a threaded input that allows a Gardena style click on hose to be joined to the pump.
    Output varies by machine.
    Can you post some pics of the inlet and outlet threads on the machine?

Hey if you look at the reply below you will see.thank you

OK, I see two pics of the inlet port, not the outlet port.
    The gun is a standard M14 inlet and the two hoses have M22 screw fittings but one appear to have a Male M22 fitting?
    Can you take a pic of the washer outlet?
    The black port is inlet, the outlet should be metal.

The way it works is the garden hose should connect to the black inlet port, you need a filter quick connect at this point.
    On the other (back side) of the washer will be the outlet port, this will most likely be metal.
    The M22 female hose should screw into this port and then you need a M14 female fitting on the other end of the hose for the gun connection.
    https://dfx5yarxfn3yb.cloudfront.net/catalog/099903017001-01-RPW110B-UM-EN-v1-PRINT.pdf
    See this amazon link for a pic of the clear inlet filter.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RPW150XRB-Corded-Pressure-Washer/dp/B084KCWRC2/ref=asc_df_B084KCWRC2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430902969059&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076683358263053685&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20474&hvtargid=pla-918293997813&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=105650286448&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430902969059&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076683358263053685&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20474&hvtargid=pla-918293997813

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The connector on the front of the pressure washer is the inlet...any garden hose fitting should work for that.

Unless the high pressure hose screws onto the outlet on the top then you need an adaptor which might not be easily available...even if you got an adaptor with the correct threads, the o ring and taper might not match and if it doesn't match then it'll leak and there'll be no pressure from the lance.

IMO returning it for a refund is the best option...tell them the parts aren't available so the pressure washer is not fit for purpose....emphasise the fact that you were told the hose would be easily sourced but that's not the case...in fact if it were easily sourced then let them source it. They probably took the hose to give it to another customer as a replacement for a faulty hose on another pressure washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is it not just this ?

Ryobi RAC739 RAC739-Steel-Armed Hose Pressure Washer Accessory https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0851FZZ41/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RzatFbV6DX2W4
    And a lance ?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    OK, I see two pics of the inlet port, not the outlet port.
    The gun is a standard M14 inlet and the two hoses have M22 screw fittings but one appear to have a Male M22 fitting?
    Can you take a pic of the washer outlet?
    The black port is inlet, the outlet should be metal.

The way it works is the garden hose should connect to the black inlet port, you need a filter quick connect at this point.
    On the other (back side) of the washer will be the outlet port, this will most likely be metal.
    The M22 female hose should screw into this port and then you need a M14 female fitting on the other end of the hose for the gun connection.
    https://dfx5yarxfn3yb.cloudfront.net/catalog/099903017001-01-RPW110B-UM-EN-v1-PRINT.pdf
    See this amazon link for a pic of the clear inlet filter.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RPW150XRB-Corded-Pressure-Washer/dp/B084KCWRC2/ref=asc_df_B084KCWRC2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430902969059&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076683358263053685&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20474&hvtargid=pla-918293997813&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=105650286448&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430902969059&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076683358263053685&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20474&hvtargid=pla-918293997813
    Ok cool thanks for that. I think I have a connector that will connect the hose to the front of the machine. Sorry I assumed that the front of the machine was the connector to the gun. So my predicament now then would be that I need to get a m14 female connection on the end of my hose to connect to the gun.

Should I be able to remove the heads on the end of those hoses that I don't need or is there an adapter?

ted1 wrote: »
    Is it not just this ?

Ryobi RAC739 RAC739-Steel-Armed Hose Pressure Washer Accessory https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0851FZZ41/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RzatFbV6DX2W4
    And a lance ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OKTR0BY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AOktFbE6M4GHF unfortunately I bought this. I've already spent too much 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Eamon,
    It looks like you've sorted the inlet ok.
    For the outlet, have you got a hose with 2 female ends?
    Do any of the ends fit either the gun or the machine?
    Will the hose you got with the male end connect to any of the female ends?

• Advertisement

eamonn4711 wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks for that. I think I have a connector that will connect the hose to the front of the machine. Sorry I assumed that the front of the machine was the connector to the gun. So my predicament now then would be that I need to get a m14 female connection on the end of my hose to connect to the gun.

Should I be able to remove the heads on the end of those hoses that I don't need or is there an adapter?

You should be able to get an M14 Female to M22 male adaptor, I think you would be better off fitting a quick disconnect, the M22 adaptor is pretty big and may not fit onto the gun itself due to the size of the fitting, a quick disconnect Female m14 will be much smaller and tidier.
    The brass piece in this set
    and an adaptor like this one

Advertisement