Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Proteins and the Hyper Bollics

Options
  • 29-08-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

started a fas course in philosophy this week. for homework we were told to look at the reality-defining language used in media, print, tele, online etc.
    so when someone says something apparently they are constructing a premise they expect anyone in earshot to populate. doesn't seem fair, alot of people talk shyte but the ones with special abilities are able to physically construct their own mental delusion in some form of affirmation materialisation.
    Tagged:

Comments

Pass that blunt bro you’ve had it long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

A FÁS course in philosophy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Aristotle and an Aardvark go to Washington is a great book to read on the subject. If you're from the 90s like me you'll just about remember all the pricks in it. I'll take some screen grabs when I get home, of the good "spin" in it by Bush, Cheney and all the pertinent yanks of the time.

You see these sad strategies used so often in Irish politics now.

Weren't you defending Phil Hogan last week? Haha pretty ironic that you're interested in framing the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I personally think philosophy is a load of bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’ve just eaten shoots.

Now I’m leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

s1ippy wrote: »
    Aristotle and an Aardvark go to Washington is a great book to read on the subject. If you're from the 90s like me you'll just about remember all the pricks in it. I'll take some screen grabs when I get home, of the good "spin" in it by Bush, Cheney and all the pertinent yanks of the time.

You see these sad strategies used so often in Irish politics now.

Weren't you defending Phil Hogan last week? Haha pretty ironic that you're interested in framing the narrative.

we need the trade portfolio dude, after hogan the only ones with a hope are sullivan, may and mcguinness, all still lesser hogans

now back on topic

the words people use allegedly define their reality

**oh and yes to those screengrabs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I'll post more in a while, having a coffee :D
    524676.jpg
    524677.jpg

good stuff, keep it coming. is "having a coffee" a new fangled euphemism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Fas gas lol thought they were dead

• Advertisement

"frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die your soul goes up and gets stuck on the roof" - george carlin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Botox is a Dangerous Protein.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its more about putting effort into the question, than seeking an answer to it. Thats why hitch hikers guide to the galaxy is so dismissive of deep thought's answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They say a week is a long time in politics. It must be much longer in philosophy.

An Foras Áiseanna Saothair was abolished in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Hyper Bollix

Your Face wrote: »
    That's life.

That's what the people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

A FÁS course in philosophy?

It must include a module in time travel.

Advertisement