Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before painting external plaster.

Options
  • 28-08-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

HI,
    Recently finished extending and renovating our house. We tendered 4 dormer windows as the last job. PVC cladding was removed, felted etc. and the concrete board was then plastered/rendered.

Surface area would be relatively small, typical protruding single window dormer size. This was completed about 6 weeks ago.
    How long would we want to let this set and cure before painting. Plasterer was saying we could prime in polybond first and we could paint soon. This doesn't make much sensense to me though as I thought the problem was wrt trapping moisture. Looking at some websites they are saying 20 days, builder said 6 months of drying season for the rest of house so lots of opinions
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

ravendude wrote: »
    HI,
    Recently finished extending and renovating our house. We tendered 4 dormer windows as the last job. PVC cladding was removed, felted etc. and the concrete board was then plastered/rendered.

Surface area would be relatively small, typical protruding single window dormer size. This was completed about 6 weeks ago.
    How long would we want to let this set and cure before painting. Plasterer was saying we could prime in polybond first and we could paint soon. This doesn't make much sensense to me though as I thought the problem was wrt trapping moisture. Looking at some websites they are saying 20 days, builder said 6 months of drying season for the rest of house so lots of opinions
    Any thoughts?

A friend of mine who is a recently retired painter reckons 12 months.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Well the next dry spell will be May / June

Advertisement