Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine: Manufacturer Blaming Water Pressure - Anyone Else With Experience?

Options
  • 28-08-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

So, I've had a washing machine feeding off a roof-top tank (single storey) in the same location since 2004. I replaced it two years ago and recently (last six months) it just stopped working properly - wouldn't complete cycles etc.

The manufacturer came out twice and blamed water pressure. This seemed mad to me, since it was a new issue and not something that was always an issue. Even though I had read a bit about modern machines having specific programming issues, I wasn't happy with the pressure point because, as I say, the machine had been working for 18 months.

An Independent repairer said this wasn't the cause and that pressure was fine, but suggested to quieten the manufacturer I install a pump, which I did and its increased pressure nicely. The machine still isn't working and the manufacturer still says pressure, but their guys just refuse to actually take a pressure reading.

My question is this: is this a feature of new machines? I.e. is it the case that, say, they are programmed to fill for only 30 seconds no matter what?

Even if that is the case, any ideas at all as to how adding a pump hasn't resolved this.

At present there have been three visits by the manufacturer each of which saying "pressure" but taking no pressure readings at all and I'm concerned that if I buy a new machine, it will the same problem all over again. By this I mean, if the manufacturer is to be believed, I'll have this problem no matter what.

Any insight would be assisted, as I can't really find any discussion of similar issues anywhere save the idea that modern machines don't do well with bad pressure but (a) I don't think I have it and (b) even if I did, I've installed a pump!

Thanks

HP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you have a constant flow of water with fill hose removed next step is remove the lid of the wm and undo the 1/2 hoses between solenoid valve and soap box and blow through them to ensure there is no obstruction, if all is good the solenoid valve is faulty even though it may read ok on a meter, let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭happyplants

If you have a constant flow of water with fill hose removed next step is remove the lid of the wm and undo the 1/2 hoses between solenoid valve and soap box and blow through them to ensure there is no obstruction, if all is good the solenoid valve is faulty even though it may read ok on a meter, let us know how you get on

It was infuriating to be honest. The pressure is fine. They just refuse to say that the machine is at fault to the point where the installer said "look, I'm saying its the pressure, and that's what's in the report."

Its stunning really, but maybe that's the way things are now. I haven't yet had a chance to do what you suggest, but will do.

Advertisement